Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Forget the steak! This is more than satisfying.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
For Spicy Aioli
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise (Veganaise is preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- Remove stems and gills from mushroom. Place in ziplock bag.
- In a blender combine soy sauce, Worchester sauce, garlic, Rosemary, wine, mustard and pepper. Blend well.
- Remove cap on top of blender and slowly trickle in the canola oil, while continueing to blend.
- Pour over mushrooms in bag and marinate over night. Mushrooms will shrink alot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Veganaise and Sriracha until well integrated. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees. Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour entire contents of mushroom and marinade into a baking sheet. Do not discard any of the liquid.
- Mark mushrooms on the grill on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and set back on baking sheet in the marinade.
- Finish mushrooms in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve mushrooms in sauce and top with a squeeze of the spicy aioli.
- The marinade becomes the most awesome sauce that is good on just about everything.