- 8 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light mozzarella cheese
- red peppers or green pepper, seeded and chopped
- chopped fresh basil
- fresh oregano
- chopped tomato
- minced garlic
- cooked lean ham, chopped
- chicken or turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oiled grill to medium high.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Grill mushrooms, stem side down, for 4 minutes (do not overcook) Turn and grill for another 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Top mushrooms with tomato sauce and desired toppings. Sprinkle cheese over top and grill, covered for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.