Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Want an impressive side for a summer BBQ? This is the way to go. Very little prep time and really no fuss. You can even serive it as an appetizer. I deliberatly use dried spices so I know I've got what I need on hand. My husband doesn't eat dairy, but I imagine topping with a gorgonzola or even a hard cheese like parmesan or romano would be a great addition.
- 118.29 ml olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 7.39 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- Combine all ingredients (except portabellos). If you can, let the oil mix sit to absorb all the flavors.
- Spoon oil mixture (about a tbsp ob each) spreading evenly on underside of each cap and let soak inches Make sure to reserve enough to brush on top of cap.
- Grill on high. I have a "searing" panel on my BBQ grill that I prefer to use. Grill with underside down, and baste top with remaining oil mix. When underside is well done (nearly charred - about 4-5 mins) flip over and grill again for same length of time.
These are great! It is a nice combination of seasonings. I used less oil and also used smaller portobello mushrooms and put them on skewers. They cooked up wonderfully alongside steaks. Thanks Shandobando for a recipe that we'll use again.
These had a fantastic flavor to them and they cooked up beautifully. The only change I will make next time (and rest assured there WILL be a next time) is that I'll cut back on the oil.