Recipe by Shandobando
Want an impressive side for a summer BBQ? This is the way to go. Very little prep time and really no fuss. You can even serive it as an appetizer. I deliberatly use dried spices so I know I've got what I need on hand. My husband doesn't eat dairy, but I imagine topping with a gorgonzola or even a hard cheese like parmesan or romano would be a great addition.
Top Review by Acerast
These are great! It is a nice combination of seasonings. I used less oil and also used smaller portobello mushrooms and put them on skewers. They cooked up wonderfully alongside steaks. Thanks Shandobando for a recipe that we'll use again.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except portabellos). If you can, let the oil mix sit to absorb all the flavors.
- Spoon oil mixture (about a tbsp ob each) spreading evenly on underside of each cap and let soak inches Make sure to reserve enough to brush on top of cap.
- Grill on high. I have a "searing" panel on my BBQ grill that I prefer to use. Grill with underside down, and baste top with remaining oil mix. When underside is well done (nearly charred - about 4-5 mins) flip over and grill again for same length of time.