1/2 Photos of Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burgers
This grilled portabella burger makes the perfect dinner for a vegetarian or flexitarian. The portabella mushroom actually completely replaces the meat in this burger. The result is a filling burger that is juicy, meaty and lower in fat and calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove stem from portabella mushroom. Discard or reserve for later use.
- 2On a preheated barbecue, place portabella mushroom gill side down. Slather top of mushroom with 1/2 tbsp of barbecue sauce. Grill for 5 minutes.
- 3Turn portabella mushroom over, and slather with remaining 1/2 tbsp of barbecue sauce. Grill another 3 minutes.
- 4Place cheese on top of mushroom, and grill another 1-2 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. If you like your hamburger bun toasted, you may wish to place it on the grill at this time.
- 5Remove mushroom (and bun) from the grill. Place mushroom on bun, top with tomato and spinach. If using, spread mayo on top half of bun. Serve hot with fries, or other grilled veggies.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 373.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g