Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Veggie alternative to hamburglers
Make and share this Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burger recipe from Food.com.
- Pour 3 ounces of beer in to a ziplock bag and mix in all the other ingredients except the mushrooms and the buns. Shake the bag gently to get everything mixed together well.
- Drink the rest of the beer before it gets warm.
- Put the mushrooms in the bag and flip it over back and forth to make sure it coats the mushrooms well. Refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Light the charcoal and wait until all the coals are completely white. You want the grill to be at a medium heat. You have reached a good medium heat when you can hold your hand 5” above the grill rack for three seconds. If the grill is too warm try closing the lid and partially opening the vents. Wait five minutes and your fire should be at medium. To raise the temperature of the grill at any time just open the lid.
- Once the fire is ready, debag the mushrooms and grill them gill side up for 5 to 8 minutes pouring ½ of the marinade over them while they cook. You want to cook them until the bottoms are brown. Turn, then cook an additional 5 minutes using the other half of the marinade. They are done when the centers are tender when poked.