Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Grill. Good. Cooking time includes marination.
Make and share this Grilled Portabella Mushroom recipe from Food.com.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, no stem
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl or blender, mix together all ingredients, except the mushrooms.
- Marinate mushrooms in dressing for at least one hour.
- Grill on both sides just like a hambuger.
- Serve on a roll or slice for a great steak topping.
- Before serving, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
This made a delicious sandwich! I grilled some zucchini, onion and bell pepper and an olive tapenade mayo and it all went together so well! Thanks for a great recipe. :) Made for the Diabetic Forum's Smokin' Hot event.
WOW WOW WOW!!!! I love balsamic on portabella!! My hubby and I were grilling steaks so I was only doing 2 mushrooms and I halved the recipe but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter!! LOVED it! Used the remaining marinade as a dipper for my freshly homemade bread... Dang!!! should have made the whole marinade recipe!!! Simple and delicious! Deserves a higher rating...period! Took pics (always take pics...lol, so much fun) I will try to post soon. Thank you for the beauty of an uncomplex recipe, sometimes I can get carried away...
This is great! I added 2 ingredients to the mix before grilling. I wanted to make sandwiches with just mushrooms and fresh tomatoes and a slice of white sweet onion for my DH. After the marination of mushroomsm I dipped in beaten egg with a little water, then rolled in Panko crumbs and grilled. I sprayed the grill with olive oil. That way my DH could have a full meal sandwich and son and I could have grilled mushrooms with our meat. Thanks for posting. Delicious!