Recipe by snugbug
We love this tasty treat when we want to cut out the beef and still have burgers. When cooking on the grill be very careful as the olive oil will cause flare ups!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
We like very much.I did not have any fresh herbs or spices and I used in place of basil and thyme,fresh lemon sage. I also had grated mozzarella cheese. Please add to the ingredients in your recipe. You have in the instructions only. I will make again. I purchased sliced portabellas.
- 3 medium portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bunches fresh basil, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tomatoes
- 3 kaiser rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 8 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Peel the mushrooms; Brush away any dirt before you cut away the stems.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, fresh herbs, salt and peper to make a marinade. Add mushrooms, and the sliced mozzarella; marinate at room temp for about an hour.
- Grill the mushrooms over hot coals for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for five minutes. Serve the mushrooms on a lightly toasted Kaiser roll with the lettuce, sliced tomatoes and marinated mozzarella cheese.