- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, 1 inch cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 85.04-113.39 g baby spinach leaves
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, coarsly chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- olive oil
- 0.59 ml salt, plus
Directions See How It's Made
- Line chilled salad plates with baby spinach.
- Wash, core and dice tomatoes.
- Mix the diced tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring to mix.
- Allow the tomato mixture to stand at room temperature while grilling mushrooms.
- Wash portabella mushrooms, remove stem and towel dry.
- Drizzle lightly with olive on both sides of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt to taste.
- Place mushrooms on preheated grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Slice mushrooms in 1/4 inch strips and place on top of spinach.
- Divide tomato mixture evenly among the two plates, add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately as the warm mushrooms wilt the spinach leaves.