Recipe by janchpn
The following recipe, just in time for the grilling season, won first place in the Mushroom Council's Portabella Sandwich Contest.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
MMM...good. Had my husband grill this up while he was grilling his brats. Subbed provolone for brie since we had that on hand and scaled down to one. Delicious recipe! Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 4 slices sweet onions, one slice for each burger slice thick
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 sandwich buns, split and lightly toasted
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces ripe brie cheese, rind removed, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill or preheat grill pan. Brush salad dressing on both sides of the portobello caps and onion slices. Grill portobellos and onions on both sides until mushrooms soften and onions are lightly browned; drain portobellos well on paper towels. Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble burgers: Spread pesto mayonnaise on bottom halves of rolls; top with spinach, tomato, grilled onions, and portobellos. Spread top halves of rolls with Brie and place on burgers.