Recipe by chia
Fix it and forget about it until the next day when you want a 20 minute dinner.
Top Review by Mirj
We actually haven't eaten this yet, I made it last night for tonight's supper, but I had a taste and it was soooooooo good! I don't/won't eat pork, so I used portions of boneless, skinless chicken breast instead. Usually I have my chicken breasts slapped down flat, but this time I left them "unslapped" so there was some thickness to them. No lime juice, so I used lemon. I grilled the chicken outside and the smell had my neighbor practically inviting herself to dinner. We've got tiny little pears in this country, so I used 8. The spicy sweetness of the salsa made a great flavor combo with the marinated and grilled chicken. Chia, your pork recipes always did well by me, as long as I turn them into chicken recipes! I wish I could give this more than 5 stars!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 pork tenderloin, sliced 1-inch thick
- 4 pears, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large plastic bag combine lime juice, oil, cumin, oregano, pepper.
- Add pork and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill pork slices over indirect heat 6-7 minutes per side.
- Mix salsa ingredients together; serve alongside pork slices.