Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine and made it for Mother's day. My mom and mother-in-law were both thrilled! The men all loved it too...a great crowd pleaser.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 lbs pork (I've used tenderloin or chops)
- Combine first four ingredients to make a dry rub.
- Rub pork with mixture and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Melt apricot preserves in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat and add the remaining glaze ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 of the glaze in a bowl to serve with cooked pork.
- Grill pork on a medium-high heat until the internal temp si 155-160.
- Durin the last 4 minutes of grilling brush with glaze.
- Let meat rest for 10 minute before serving with the reserved glaze.