Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT 5, from Adventures in Grilling
Make and share this Grilled Pork Threads recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chilies, dried and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick and pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Combine the first nine spices in a small bowl and mix well.
- Slice the pork cutlets into 1 inch-wide strips. Sprinkle the spice mix over the strips, mix well, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Shake off any excess spice mixture and thread the meat onto skewers. Brush with a mixture of the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- Cook the meat for 2 minutes on each side. Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Remove the meat from the skewers and place on the tortillas with a few slices of avocado. Roll up the tortillas and serve.
I just ate these off the skewers instead of using tortillas. Brushing the pork with olive oil and lemon juice gave the meat a great flavor and prevented it from sticking to the grill. In the future I may change the spices a little to better suit my tastes. I made this for ZWT5.