Prep 1 min
Cook 35 mins
I came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks and was describing it to one of my cyber friends so she asked that I post it for future reference. I haven't made this recipe, but I have to say it does sound good. The cook time would depend on how long you decide to marinate it.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- Combine all ingredients except tenderloins.
- Rub the tenderloins with the seasoning mix and coat evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours for stronger flavor.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat or use indirect heat method.
- Grill for 30 to 35 minutes or until pork registers 160 degrees with meat thermometer, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
I used a pork loin and let it sit for three hours. Great served with the sauce from Dragon's Breath Sticky Ribs.
This was a great tasting rub. I let it marinate for about 4 hours and it had a terrific flavor. Thanks Luby!