William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe is from Homebasics although I made some changes to enhance the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pork tenderloin in a zip-loc bag.
- 2Add chipotle lime marinade to cover pork; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 4Add the minced onion and cook until the onion just begins to turn golden brown, about 10 minutes; stirring frequently.
- 5Add chicken broth, marmalade and chopped chipotle peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until reduced to about half its original volume, about 30 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, mix together water and tapioca starch.
- 7Stir mixture into the sauce and continue to cook, stirring constantly until thickened and glossy, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Keep warm or cover and refrigerate and reheat just before serving.
- 10When ready to cook the tenderloin, preheat the barbecue grill to medium heat.
- 11Remove the pork tenderloin from the marinade and place on the grill.
- 12Cook, turning to brown all sides, for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat and registers 150°F to 155°F
- 13Remove the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 14Cut crosswise into medallions and arrange on a plate with some of the chipotle orange sauce spooned over.
- 15Cornstarch may be used instead of tapioca starch.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Chipotle Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 646.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo