Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This recipe is from Homebasics although I made some changes to enhance the taste.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 cup chipotle lime marinade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pork tenderloin in a zip-loc bag.
- Add chipotle lime marinade to cover pork; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the minced onion and cook until the onion just begins to turn golden brown, about 10 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, marmalade and chopped chipotle peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until reduced to about half its original volume, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and tapioca starch.
- Stir mixture into the sauce and continue to cook, stirring constantly until thickened and glossy, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm or cover and refrigerate and reheat just before serving.
- When ready to cook the tenderloin, preheat the barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Cook, turning to brown all sides, for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat and registers 150°F to 155°F
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into medallions and arrange on a plate with some of the chipotle orange sauce spooned over.
- Cornstarch may be used instead of tapioca starch.