Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe, especially with the honey mustard sause and a side of asparagus, I also serve it with a side of apple sauce. My son loves it.
For the tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- chopped fresh tarragon
- chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
for the sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon honey mustard
- 4 ounces honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
for the asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Mix all the spices togeter in a small bowl, tear or cut the herbs and add them in, add some salt and pepper, I never use exact measurements for this, add about one or two teaspoons of olive oil and mix together.
- Rub this mixture all over the tenderloin and grill for about 7- 10 minutes on each side until inside temp is 140-145 degrees, let rest 10 minutes.
- while meat is resting prepare the sauce and the asparagus.
- for the sauce combine the ingedients into a small sauce pan and bring to a slow boil for about 1 minute, shut off heat.
- Meanwhile boil some salted water and the asparagus, use three of four tablespoons of salt, (it will keep the asparagus green, and it won't be too salty).
- boil for 2 minutes, drain and set aside, Leave hot pan on the stove with burner off, add butter into the pan and add the aspargus until the butter is melted, mix tenderly with wooden spoon.
- Cut the tenderloin into 3-4 medallions and drizzle with sauce.
- I hope you like this, I love it.
Thank you for a great recipe. I made it as posted using a 1 lb tenderloin with only minor changes....I baked it instead of grilling it and used minced onion rather then onion powder as I was out of that, also after putting on the rub I let it sit for an hour while waiting for my wife to get home...It turned out very good, very moist and very tasty. The asparagus was great also. I will make this again some day and try grilling next time.