Leslie in Texas's Note:
I served this over the summer when we had houseguests and everyone wanted the recipe.It's a Kentucky-style barbeque with a paprika-based rub first and then a delicious bourbon glaze to finish the tenderloin.I think this would be good with baby back ribs too!Prep time does not include marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Rub
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Bourbon Glaze
- 1Trim any excess fat or sinews off the tenderloin and arrange the meat in a baking dish.
- 2To make the rub, place the rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with your fingers.
- 3Sprinkle this mixture over the pork on all sides, and rub it into the meat.
- 4Marinate the meat in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 5To make the glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 7Add the bourbon and the rest of the glaze ingredients and briskly simmer the mixture over high heat, whisking well, until thick and syrupy, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste: the mixture should be highly seasoned.
- 9Pour half the glaze into a small bowl.
- 10Grill the pork tenderloin over high heat until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side, 12 to 16 minutes in all.
- 11Internal temperature should be 160 drgrees.
- 12For the last 5 minutes, baste the tenderloin on all sides with the bourbon glaze in the bowl.
- 13Transfer the tenderloin to a cutting board and thinly slice on the diagonal.
- 14Arrange the pork on plates or a platter and spoon the remaining glaze in the saucepan on top.
- 15Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Bourbon Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 1259.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 35.7 g