Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A real crowd pleaser, and adaptable to your choice of flavors. Courtesy of Wegmans Food Stores.
Make and share this Grilled Pork tenderloin with Apricot BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- For BBQ Sauce: Warm fruit spread in saucepan on Medium heat 2-4 min, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to Medium-Low, add wine, reduce to syrupy consistency; 8-10 minutes.
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, simmer 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, puree until smooth.
- Coat clean grill with vegetable oil.
- Season both sides of meat with steak seasoning.
- Sear until meat has changed color 1/4 way up from bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and sear the other side.
- Turn meat back over; reduce heat to Low.
- close lid.
- Grill until just before pork reaches 150 degrees.
- Lift lid and brush Sauce on all sides of meat.
- Grill until internal temperature reaches 150.
- Once sauce has been applied watch carefully.
- It will burn easily.
- Remove from grill, let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Yummy!! The sauce works so well with the flavour of pork - worth the few extra minutes prep time. I skipped the "puree" step, as the jame I used was not too chunky - and it turned out fine.