Recipe by miss gracie
This is the ultimate fall supper, succulent pork tenderloin and apples grilled on the barbeque and served with a heavenly cream sauce. As a side dish, I include garlic mashed potatoes.
Top Review by P4
Wonderful! Delicious! Great flavor, and the recipe works right down to the last detail - and it's so EASY!!! The sauce is fantastic. I've made similar dishes with similar ingredients, but they've all used apple cider, so I was interested to see what using concentrated apple juice would do. First, it makes a wonderful marinade - the pork took on a beautiful color and glaze, and the flavor definitely seeped into the meat because I could taste the subtle sweetness of it when I ate it. The pork came out PERFECTLY. The apple juice concentrate also provided a nice punch of apple flavor to the sauce, which was so good and so simple to eat! I did substitute a white onion for the red onion, because my red onion disappeared for some reason, but other than that I stuck with the recipe, just halving the ingredients to make fewer portions. My husband told me to give you 5 stars, and 5 stars you shall have. We loved it, and will be making it again for sure!
- 2 -4 pork tenderloin
- 2 green apples, cored and sliced into ½ inch thick slices (do not peel)
- 3 red apples, cored and sliced into ½ inch thick slices (do not peel)
For the Marinade
- 1 can apple juice concentrate
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
For the Brandy Cream Sauce
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 7 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and pour over pork tenderloin.
- Refrigerate pork in marinade for no more than 24 hours.
- Discard marinade and grill pork until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- When pork is almost done cooking, place apples slices on grill and grill approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from apples and pork from grill, chop green apple slices into small pieces.
- While pork is grilling, prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, sauté onions in butter.
- Add salt, pepper, apple juice concentrate, cream and brandy and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add grilled, chopped green apple and continue to simmer a few more minutes.
- Slice grilled pork into ½ inch slices.
- Place on serving plate with red apple slices.
- Top with cream sauce.