Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
A delicious family favorite! Very easy to make and an unforgettable flavor. *In response to a recent review, when you boil the marinade, it is, in fact, safe to eat.
- 4 pork tenderloin
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup marinade (boiled)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Marinate meat in refrigerator overnight and during the day. Turn over in the morning. OR, marinate at room temperature 4 hours. Turn meat after 2 hours.
- After done marinating, reserve 1 C of marinade. Baste meat with remaining marinade while cooking.
- Grill pork at 400 or on medium heat for 45 minutes. Turn and baste every 10 minutes. Check with meat thermometer for 170-180 degree final temperature at the center. Serve sliced (1/4 to 1/2 inch slices).
- While meat is cooking, BOIL reserved marinade. Add apricot preserves, orange marmelade and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve with meat.
Please DON'T reserve a cup of marinade AFTER marinating!!!! THAT is very dangerous! You can get food poisoning! Reserve the cup of marinade, before marinating. If there isn't a cup of marinade to be saved before, then double the recipe.