Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red chile, seeded and fine chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 lb boneless center cut pork loin roast, cut in 2x1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh papaya, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 10 corn tortillas (cooked in oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salsa: Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Makes 3 cups salsa.
- Cook pork in 10-inch skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in papaya and pineapple.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Heat oven to 425°F
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the pork mixture onto half of each tortilla; top with about 2 tbsp of the cheese.
- Fold tortillas over filling.
- Arrange five of the filled tortillas in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch; brush with melted margarine.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining tacos.
- Serve with Papaya Salsa.