Recipe by FLKeysJen
Based on a dish Dale Talde of Top Chef Season 4 prepared on the show for a giant party - so I have reduced the amounts. Cook time doesn't include time to soak skewers.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This BBQ pork skewer recipe was really nice. Loved the combination of pork, pineapple and red onion with the BBQ sauce. The only modification I made was to halve the sugar in the BBQ sauce as we do not like our sauces overly sweet. I thought 3 Tb ended up being the perfect amount. Thanks, Jen!
- 1 lb lean pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and cut in slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
Smoked Red Curry BBQ Sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (two if you dare)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat ~ ignite ~ light -- fire up your GRILL!
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all BBQ sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat until it starts bubbling, then reduce to simmer. It will thicken into a barbecue sauce consistency - then you can turn off the heat.
- Put pork and onion in a bowl; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season; stir until all is coated.
- Assemble skewers: alternating pineapple, red onion then grilled pork. Each skewer will have approximately two large pieces of each.
- Grill all until done, turning (carefully) several times to make sure everything gets browned. Before removing from the grill, cut open one of the larger pieces of pork to make sure there's no pink remaining inside.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve!