1/3 Photos of Grilled Pork Skewers With Peanut Basil Sauce
Adapted from a recipe by Mark Bittman, NY Times's columnist and cookbook author.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, preferably chunky
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 limes, 1 juiced the other cut into wedges for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder (or pork loin)
- 1In a blender, combine everything except the pork and lime wedge garnish; process to a smooth paste.
- 2Place about 1/2 the mixture in a large bowl, reserving the rest for a dipping sauce.
- 3Cut pork into 1 inch cubes and combine with the peanut butter mixture in the bowl; toss to coat.
- 4Place the meat on skewers, begin sure not to crowd.
- 5Grill pork until browned on all sides, about 5 to 8 minutes in total.
- 6Serve with dipping sauce and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Skewers With Peanut Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.0
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 599.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: