Adapted from a recipe by Mark Bittman, NY Times's columnist and cookbook author.
Make and share this Grilled Pork Skewers With Peanut Basil Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, preferably chunky
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 limes, 1 juiced the other cut into wedges for garnish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder (or pork loin)
- In a blender, combine everything except the pork and lime wedge garnish; process to a smooth paste.
- Place about 1/2 the mixture in a large bowl, reserving the rest for a dipping sauce.
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes and combine with the peanut butter mixture in the bowl; toss to coat.
- Place the meat on skewers, begin sure not to crowd.
- Grill pork until browned on all sides, about 5 to 8 minutes in total.
- Serve with dipping sauce and lime wedges.