Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from the book Simply Tuscan by Pino Luongo. This is the only way we will do ribs. Try it over different salad mixes to see which you like the best. The original recipe called for just a head of frisée but we can't get that here, so I use whatever salad blend looks the best (usually go for the baby greens since they have frisée in it).
- 6 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- 6 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- mixed salad green (please read above)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 lb ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (grape tomatoes are nice too)
- Chop the garlic and rosemary together (you can use dried if you must) and stir together with some salt (I use coarse salt for this step)and the 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Rub the mixture over the ribs.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 8-10 minutes per side, or until fully cooked (they will get nice and crisp).
- Meanwhile dissolve 1/2 tsp of salt (use fine ground for this) in the vinegar in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Add the greens, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Toss well.
- Place the salad on a serving plate and arrange the ribs on top.
- The salad should wilt gently.
- Serve at once.