1/1 Photo of Grilled Pork Ribs Florentine Style (Rostinciana)
Adapted from the book Simply Tuscan by Pino Luongo. This is the only way we will do ribs. Try it over different salad mixes to see which you like the best. The original recipe called for just a head of frisée but we can't get that here, so I use whatever salad blend looks the best (usually go for the baby greens since they have frisée in it).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- 6 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- mixed salad green (please read above)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 lb ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (grape tomatoes are nice too)
- 1Chop the garlic and rosemary together (you can use dried if you must) and stir together with some salt (I use coarse salt for this step)and the 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- 2Rub the mixture over the ribs.
- 3Grill over medium-hot coals for 8-10 minutes per side, or until fully cooked (they will get nice and crisp).
- 4Meanwhile dissolve 1/2 tsp of salt (use fine ground for this) in the vinegar in a large salad bowl.
- 5Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- 6Add the greens, cucumber and tomatoes.
- 7Toss well.
- 8Place the salad on a serving plate and arrange the ribs on top.
- 9The salad should wilt gently.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Ribs Florentine Style (Rostinciana)
Serving Size: 1 (1219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: