Recipe by Oolala
Diabetic recipe that sounded different. I will post the pork recipe and the dressing together here for the sake of convenience. The dressing is based on apple juice, low-fat mayo and buttermilk and can be made ahead for up to 24 hours.
For the Pork
- 2 pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed (or thyme)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups salad greens, torn
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, broken and toasted optional
Creamy Apple Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed (or thyme)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dressing ingredients, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Brush chops with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together sage, salt and pepper and then sprinkle this mixture evenly onto all sides of the chops with fingers.
- Grill chops over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clean and thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Cut chops into sliced stips.
- On 4 plates, arrange greens, pear slices, and pork slices. Stir the dressing and pour onto salad. Garnish with walnuts if desired.