Diabetic recipe that sounded different. I will post the pork recipe and the dressing together here for the sake of convenience. The dressing is based on apple juice, low-fat mayo and buttermilk and can be made ahead for up to 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pork
- 2 pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed (or thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups salad greens, torn
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, broken and toasted optional
Creamy Apple Dressing
- 1Mix all dressing ingredients, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- 2Brush chops with oil.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together sage, salt and pepper and then sprinkle this mixture evenly onto all sides of the chops with fingers.
- 4Grill chops over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clean and thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 5Cut chops into sliced stips.
- 6On 4 plates, arrange greens, pear slices, and pork slices. Stir the dressing and pour onto salad. Garnish with walnuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork/Pear Salad W/Creamy Apple Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: