Recipe by Sharlene~W
Flavorful moist pork roast. Best on the barbecue grill, but can be roasted in oven.
Top Review by KCShell
Tremendous! I have made this twice. Cooked the bacon as others stated. Both times, I cooked it in the oven first. First time for 40 minutes, this was too long. Second time, 25 minutes, using a thermometer to check the temp and it was barely 160* at that point. Finished it on the grill-about another 15 minutes. Much better the second time! I prefer my pork loin to be about 165 - 168* and this worked well doing it this way. I am putting this recipe in my BEST OF ZAAR so far cookbook. Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bacon. Mince garlic.
- Crush rosemary and combine with bacon and garlic.
- Cut pork loin lengthwise almost all the way through middle, leaving 1/4 inch uncut meat along one side.
- Open and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon mixture over the cut surface of meat; close and tie.
- Sprinkle outside of pork loin with salt and pepper.
- Prepare coals for indirect heat with drip pan in center.
- Sear meat at edge of grill directly over coals.
- Move to center, over drip pan.
- Cover the grill.
- Cook meat until cooked through (160°F) (45-60 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Watch temperature and be sure not to overcook.
- (Those new remote thermometers for the grill are great for this!) You could also roast in oven, but not as flavorful.