Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Grilled Pork, Couscous Dried Cherry Salad W/Citrus Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
For The Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless pork loin or 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- cooking spray
For The Couscous Salad
- 1 1⁄3 cups couscous
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 4 green onions, thin sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- zest of one orange
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Combine cumin, ginger, corriander, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over pork cubes and sprinkle evenly with spice mixture. Thread pork cubes on skewers leaving a small space between each cube.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill about 5-7 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl cover couscous with boiling water seasoned with 1/2 teaspoons salt; cover and let rest 5 minute Stir cherries and green onion into couscous.
- Arrange cucumber around the edge of serving platter; arrange couscous mixture in center, top with orange slices and pork kabobs.
- In small bowl stir together olive oil, orange juice, zest, brown sugar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad; garnish with pecans.