Recipe source: local paper which adapted it from The BBQ Queens' Big Book of Barbeque
Make and share this Grilled Pork Chops With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 jalapeno, trimmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon other coarse salt
for the pork and vegetables
- 4 (6 ounce) pork chops
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into wedges
- To prepare marinade mix marinade ingrediens together - can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To prepare vegetables, combine half the mariniade with vegetables in a large zip-lock bag or in a marinating dish.
- To prepare pork chops, combine remaining mariniade with pork chops in a zip-lock bag or in a mariniating dish.
- Refrigerate pork and vegetables for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain vegetables and pork chops, discarding marinade.
- Grill pork chops and vegetables for 15 minutes or uitl done and browned.
This is a wonderful, hot of the 'que pork chop. The melding of the flavors of marinade was stupendous. While I was preparing the marinade, I thought this might be good as a bit of "gravy-sauce" so I held back about 1/4 cup of marinade. While the pork chop was grilling, I heated the 1/4 cup of marinade on stove, and this made a delicious sauce over top the pork chop. I still used the rest for the marinade for the chop (which sat in the marinade for 2 hours). I also added the grilled peppers to perch right on top of pork. This was so delicious and such a delightful change from the same ol' pork chops. I used peppers from the garden, and also fresh onions, (I hope you didn't mind) ~ Thanks so much ellie~will devour again~