Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great meal for the Autumn days! The pork chops can be pan fried or broiled.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 large firm sweet apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup Licor 43 (vanilla liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Grill pork chops until barely done. Place on a platter in a warm oven.
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to pan over medium heat. Stir to blend well and to allow to caramelize slightly.
- Add apple juice, Licor 43 and apple slices. Cook apples just until done, then remove with a slotted spoon and set apples aside.
- Reduce the pan juices to two to three tablespoons. Remove from heat and add vanilla, salt and pepper. Add apple slices and return to heat until the apples are hot. Pour over the pork chops. Serve with rice or potatoes.
We loved the apples in this recipe! They were so tasty, and the vanilla complimented the pork really well. Thanks for another winner!
Very good. This was different. The vanilla liqueur in this was not as bad as I thought it would be in this. I also chose to make this with Sage Brown Butter #136384.
Oh, yummy. This was a great meal. I had it with Spaetzle in Sage Brown Butter #136384. Made for Zaar World Tour 05