Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom gave me a ton of poblano peppers from her garden ... I had never used these before and went online to find something to do with them. I found this recipe in my search and WOW, it is good !! I hope you all like it too !!
- 4 pork, center loin chops
- malibu seasoning (or your favorite dry rub for grilling)
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- freshly ground pepper
- For the Poblano Cream Sauce:.
- Roast Poblano chilies on rack over gas burner or on pan beneath broiler until charred on all sides.
- Put roasted peppers in paper bag and fold end over to seal. Let stand to allow peppers to sweat, about 15 minutes.
- Peel peppers, then cut each in half and remove ribs and seeds.
- Chop peppers coarsely and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until onion just begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and whipping cream.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 5 minute.
- Stir in chopped chilies and simmer 1 minute.
- add salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
- For the pork chops:.
- Season with Malibu (or other seasoning) and grill on outdoor grill, 3-4 minutes on each side
- To serve:.
- Plate pork chop and cover with Poblano Cream Sauce.
- Enjoy !
A very simple, very tasty, pork chop dish that will become a regular for us. Love the cream sauce! You get the full flavor of the poblanos in the sauce. Has a little heat, but the flavor is outstanding.