Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
To keep the pork chops from burning, rotate them from the hottest parts of the grill to the perimeter during cooking, basting with barbecue sauce as you do so. From Martha Stewart.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup best-quality peach jam
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 -2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and ginger; cook about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in tomato sauce, peach jam, and peaches. Reduce heat to low; simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar to taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Pour half the barbecue sauce into a shallow baking dish; add pork chops, turning to coat both sides. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Grill pork chops on a medium-hot grill or grill pan until chops are well marked and cooked through, at least 5 minutes per side. Baste chops with barbecue sauce; rotate during cooking. Remove from grill. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.