Recipe by Bergy
These sound so good I am posting the recipe before trying it. I will add comments after I make them. The Recipe is from American Cooking Club magazineJune/July 05 edition
Top Review by PBF
Fabulous! We had a marvelous dinner. Will definitely be using this recipe again. YUM! -- UPDATE - I made this twice more in the first week and it now has become a standby at my house on summer evenings - used just the mayo part and it was awesome as a spread on burgers and for sandwiches. It works as a dip for veggies too. Absolutely delicious. I usually halve the chipotle because otherwise it's too spicy for the kids. When you make the chops, don't forget to reserve some of it for dipping and for other uses - you won't need it all on the chops and won't want to waste any of it. Better yet, make double sauce and store in the fridge for later.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 8 pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the first 5 ingredients, cover and place in the fridge for an hour or longer.
- Reserve 1/2 cup.
- Grill or BBQ brushing the chops with the mayo blend, continue brushing and cooking until the chops are done Turning them halfway through (apprx 15 minutes total).
- Serve with the reseved mayo mixture on the side.