Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another of my favorites from "What's For Dinner?" Enjoy!
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Make glaze:.
- In a small bowl, stir together all glaze ingredients.
- Place chops on grill and spread with half the glaze.
- Grill about 8 minutes.
- Turn over and spread with remaining glaze.
- Grill until cooked through, another 6-8 minutes.
I left out the ginger, dh doesn't like it. I made this in a frying pan. I cooked the meat in a little oil until done and browned on both side. Then I combined the remaining ingredients, and cooked and turned the chops until the desired consistency. Delicious!
If you didn't get a lot of flavor out of these chops, you probably cooked them too long, or used too thin of chops. The recipe says 8 minutes per side for 1" chops, but I flipped mine at about 5 minutes or so on a hot grill.
I didn't have any dijan, so I subbed in a half tablespoon of brown sugar and about a tablespoon of lemon juice.
The chops turned out juicey and flavorful.
I agree with Ms. Bold, this didnt have enough flavor for my tastes. I think if I had maybe marinated my pork in it it would have helped. I made this exactly as stated, and will make it again with marinating it next time for at least 2 hours. Sorry this didnt work out for us.