1/4 Photos of Grilled Pork Chops With Herb Rub
4 hrs 15 mins
Brining pork chops is undoubtedly the best way to prepare them. After I did it once, I will no longer prepare them any other way. They are juicy and delicious and far better than any I've ever had before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup ice cube
- 4 bone in pork chops, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 3 lbs. total)
- 1To brine the chops: Heat the water, salt, sugar and molasses in a pan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- 2Pour into a large zip-lock bag or a tupperware container and let cool down slightly, then add the ice cubes.
- 3When the brine is cold, add the chops.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but no more than 6.
- 5Remove the chops from the brine, dry completely with paper towels.
- 6Discard the brine.
- 7In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients and mix well.
- 8Lightly rub the mixture into both sides of each pork chop.
- 9If using a gas grill, set one side on low, the other medium high.
- 10If using a charcoal grill, arrange the coals so that there are thicker and thinner layers of coals for varying degrees of heat.
- 11When the thicker layers of coals are hot, set the chops directly over them, or over the hottest part of the gas grill.
- 12Sear the chops over the hot area for about 1 1/2 minute.
- 13per side, then move them to the less hot areas.
- 14Cover the grill and continue to cook until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- 15(about 3 minutes more per side).
- 16Transfer to a platter and let rest, uncovered for about 5 minutes before serving.
- 17NOTE: You could cook this chops inside in a frying pan.
- 18Just cook the 1 1/2 minutes per side over medium high heat, then put the pan in the oven at 375 degrees and let the chops finish cooking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Chops With Herb Rub
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 8069.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g