Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used lean chops in effort to keep this low fat. I use a small amout of oil which I use for flavor. Served with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Pork is pretty bland tasting but in this recipe you'll find your taste buds quite happy.
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- Combine all ingredients except pork chops in small bowl.
- Place pork and ingredients except garnish in a storage bag, Cover and Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Heat the marinade in small saucepan over medium heat to simmer.
- Grill pork 12 to 15 minutes, turning once during cooking and basting frequently with marinade.
This was so delicious! I forgot the scallians and ginger but it turned out fabulous! I also baked the pork rather than grilling it, and made a sauce from the marinade by mixing a tsp of cornstarch and tsp of water. A great side to this is thai coconut rice Thai Coconut Rice. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!
As I didn't have dry sherry, I used dry white wine. I think I used a bit more ginger than requested. But it was delicioius. The marinade was very tasty. Thanks Rita. Made for the Babes of ZWT4
These pork chops were great! I loved the marinade, delicious flavors. Everyone enjoyed these tonight for dinner, thanks Rita :) Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.