Prep 6 hrs 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe while looking for interesting grilled recipes. Marinating time is included with prep time (6 hours). Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Combine marinade ingredients (soy sauce - sesame oil) in a bowl or marinating dish.
- Add pork chops turning to coat well. Refrigerate for at least six hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill chops over high heat for 8-10 minutes per side (or until done), basting with marinade.
- ***To Freeze: place chops and marinade in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze. To serve: Thaw overnight in the fridge and then grill as directed.***.
WONDERFUL! We aren't big ginger fans so I subbed minced garlic but oh my this will be my go to recipe for grilling pork chops from now on! Great recipe!
What a great dinner. The only change I made was to sub 1 tsp garlic for the ginger. Halved the marinade, which was perfect for the short time I had to marinate. Served with salad for a lovely meal. Looking forward to making these again. Thanks ellie_ for sharing this keeper.
I like this one. The flavor is subtle and allows the flavor of the meat to be tasted. I had to marinate for an extra day because of rain. I wanted to cook these on the grill and not in the broiler. It still came out great.