1/3 Photos of Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine
Susie D's Note:
This Thai inspired burger was the winning $10,000 entry in the alternative burger category in the Build A Better Burger Challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 4 teaspoons jaggery (palm sugar) or 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon asian hot chili sauce (sriracha)
- 2 lbs fresh ground pork
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground star anise
- vegetable oil, for brushing the grill rack
- 6 French rolls, split
- 6 interior butter lettuce leaves
- 1Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium high.
- 2For the Dressing: combine the mayonnaise, basil, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3For the Patties: combine the fish sauce, jaggery, and chili sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pork, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and star anise and blend loosely with a fork. Form into 6 equal patties the approximate dimensions of the rolls, making a slight depression in the middle of the patties to compensate for the tendency to bulge during cooking.
- 4Brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the patties with the grill top closed for 4 minutes. Turn and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the patties registers 160 degrees F, about 4 minutes longer.
- 5During the last 2 minutes of grilling the patties, place the rolls, cut side down, on the grill to toast.
- 6To assemble the burgers: spread the roll bottoms with a thin layer of dressing, followed by a lettuce leaf. Add the patties and top with generous dollops of the dressing. Add the roll tops.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.8
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 1503.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground star anise