Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These quick and easy skewers combine tender pieces of pork and vegetables marinated in a balsamic sauce. Posting for ZWT 7. Recipe is from http://www.italianfoodforever.com
- 1 3⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 24 fresh sage leaves
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into squares
- Mix together the garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Marinate the pork cubes in the refrigerator in this mixture for at least 3 hours.
- Heat up the grill, and thread on 8 skewers a piece of pork, a few squares of prosciutto, a sage leaf, a few layers of the onion, and a mushroom. Continue in this manner until all the ingredients are used.
- Brush the skewers lightly with the oil, season with additional salt and pepper, and grill until the pork is golden brown, about 10 minutes per side.
What a great kabob recipe! I made it as directed and marinated the pork for about 6 hours. It was easy and so very tasty. Not a smigeon left! I will caution the next person making this to chose smaller more tender sage leaves than I did. The sage in the skewers gave a wonderful taste to the meat but my leaves were mammouth and leathery.
Thanks PapaD - You left a wonderful legacy of great food!
These are great skewers!! I love pork tenderloin and this recipe does not disappoint! I marinated the pork overnight and forgot the prosciutto, but otherwise followed the recipe. The cooking time was perfect and they meat stayed nice and moist. Made for Photo Tag.