Recipe by Hey Jude
This delicious grilled pork is an especially nice dish to do in the fall, when there's an abundance of fresh apples. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 236.59 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sage
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1 onion, minced
- 2-3 firm apples (I use Granny Smith for this)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in a plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix apple and lemon juices, sage, brown sugar and onion and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over meat.
- Close bag tightly and turn to coat chops well.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade and drain well.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and continue to boil for one full minute.
- Grill chops over hot coals for 20 minutes, turning and basting with marinade occasionally.
- Core apples but do not peel.
- Cut into thick rings.
- Brush apples with marinade and place on grill around pork.
- Continue grilling pork and apples until pork is done as desired and apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.