This delicious grilled pork is an especially nice dish to do in the fall, when there's an abundance of fresh apples. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- Place meat in a plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix apple and lemon juices, sage, brown sugar and onion and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over meat.
- Close bag tightly and turn to coat chops well.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade and drain well.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and continue to boil for one full minute.
- Grill chops over hot coals for 20 minutes, turning and basting with marinade occasionally.
- Core apples but do not peel.
- Cut into thick rings.
- Brush apples with marinade and place on grill around pork.
- Continue grilling pork and apples until pork is done as desired and apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
I loved the marinade. My boys ate every morsel of pork; but being boys, only ate some of the apples. Very good! Thanks
Ok, I have to be honest here. I made this recipe up at night with the intention of grilling it the next day, but came down with a stomach virus. So daughter Kree made it up for her and her father, and they both raved about it and gave it a full 5 stars! The apples were a nice touch. I will be making this again very soon so I get to enjoy it also.