Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This delicious grilled pork is an especially nice dish to do in the fall, when there's an abundance of fresh apples. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 236.59 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sage
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1 onion, minced
- 2-3 firm apples (I use Granny Smith for this)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place meat in a plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix apple and lemon juices, sage, brown sugar and onion and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over meat.
- Close bag tightly and turn to coat chops well.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade and drain well.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and continue to boil for one full minute.
- Grill chops over hot coals for 20 minutes, turning and basting with marinade occasionally.
- Core apples but do not peel.
- Cut into thick rings.
- Brush apples with marinade and place on grill around pork.
- Continue grilling pork and apples until pork is done as desired and apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
I loved the marinade. My boys ate every morsel of pork; but being boys, only ate some of the apples. Very good! Thanks
Ok, I have to be honest here. I made this recipe up at night with the intention of grilling it the next day, but came down with a stomach virus. So daughter Kree made it up for her and her father, and they both raved about it and gave it a full 5 stars! The apples were a nice touch. I will be making this again very soon so I get to enjoy it also.