Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) pork tenderloin (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 fuji apples (cored and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 medium onion (cut into 1-inch chunks, pieces separated)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, plus more for serving)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the pork, apples, and onion onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper. Rub with the oil. In a small bowl, mix the syrup and spices.
- Grill the skewers, turning (each skewer) to evenly brown, until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes. Brush with the maple syrup mixture, grill until the meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Drizzle with more syrup, if desired.