1 hr 5 mins
This is another great recipe from www.LCBO.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Grilled Peppers and Grape Tomatoes
- 1You can also buy polenta at your local Italian grocery, which works the same
- 2Bring water and salt to boil in saucepan. Whisk in cornmeal and return to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring almost constantly for about 15 minutes or until polenta mounds firmly on spoon and is very thick.
- 3Stir in parsley, cheese, chives and garlic. Spread polenta into greased 9-inch (2.5-L) square baking pan and let cool slightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until cold and firm. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 4Brush peppers with some of the oil and place on greased grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, (or until slightly charred and tender), turning once. Set aside.
- 5Cut cold polenta into 6 squares and brush with some of the oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once (or until golden and warmed through), turning once. Place on serving plates.
- 6Thinly slice peppers and place in bowl. Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Polenta With Red Peppers and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar