Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
:P from culinary chase (food blog)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained & thinly sliced
- 8 slices firm polenta
- basil leaves
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the eggplant and saute until very soft (8 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl (keep warm).
- In the same pan add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Warm a grill pan over medium heat and brush with remaining olive oil and add the polenta slices. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the eggplant mixture in between two slices of grilled polenta.
This is brilliant! I chose this as my introduction to polenta, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.