1/1 Photo of Grilled Polenta Skewers With Butter Basted Mushrooms
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
From the June/July issue of "Everyday With Rachel Ray." These can be super fast and easy if you use premade polenta 'logs,' or make your own polenta cubes. (I like to make polenta with veggie stock instead of water and add all kinds of herbes, onions, garlic, diced sun dried tomatoes, etc. for extra pizzazz. After done cooking in a sauce pan, spread about an inch thick in a baking pan. Then chill and cut into cubes for this dish.) You are sure to thrill your vegetarian guests, and even the meat eaters will love this as a side. NOTE: after making a few batches this weekend, I find that the premade polenta holds together better if you either skewer the entire round (like a lollipop) or skewer the wedges so they lie flat (i.e. not through the big flat sides).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to high.
- 2In a bowl, mix together butter, blue cheese, shallot and thyme.
- 3Slice polenta log into1 1/2 inch thick rounds. Then cut each round into four wedges.
- 4Thread 4 polenta wedges alternately with 3 shiitake mushroom caps onto skewers.
- 5Brush with olive oil and place on grill.
- 6Baste with butter mixture and grill until polenta is crisp, about 7 minutes.
- 7Flip, baste some more, and grill another 7-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Polenta Skewers With Butter Basted Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: