3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Australian Woman's Day magazine. I made them as an appetiser for a dinner party and they were well received. They are quick and easy to make and can be prepared well before guests arrive. I added a whole avocado into the salsa because I love it. The only other change I would consider would be to use tomato in place of some or all of the capsicum in the salsa. I like capsicum, just not as a main ingredient! Cooking time includes the 3 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring stock and water to boil. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook, stirring 5-10 minutes until polenta thickens.
- 3Stir in cheese and season to taste.
- 4Spoon the polenta mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top. Cool, then chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- 5Once chilled, transfer polenta to a board. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut into 18 rounds.
- 6Preheat char-grill or barbecue on high. Grease lightly with oil. Char-grill rounds for 3-4 minutes each side, until polenta is crisp and browned.
- 7Meanwhile, to make the salsa, combine all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and season to taste.
- 8Serve polenta topped with avocado salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Polenta Rounds With Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 11.2 g