Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great eat for lunch or dinner especially if you got leftover chicken from a bbq. For the best flavor grill the chicken breasts on the BBQ with nothing but a bit of garlic salt. The combination of flavors is sure to make this meal a favorite.
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 fuji apple, sliced
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, from block
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Assemble sandwiches like so to get the best results -- bread, chicken first then the apple slices and last the cheese, bread again.
- Spread butter over the top slice of bread then lay the sandwich butter side down on a cold grill or frying pan. You will want the cheese side to be closest to the heat so it has a chance to thoroughly melt. Turn grill or stove on to medium heat.
- Butter the other slice of bread and with a spatula flip the sandwich once one side has turned a nice golden brown color. The second flip wont take as long so take care not to burn.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
I used smoked turkey and a paninni press, but otherwise followed the recipe. Quick and delicious! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.