This recipe uses an already prepared pizza crust. You can use a fresh or frozen dough or make your own. Everything grills quickly so this can be made in less than half an hour. From "Real Simple" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 summer squash (about 1 lb) or 2 zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise (about 1 lb)
- 2 bunches green onions
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for serving)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 cups arugula, thick stems trimmed
- 4 radishes, halved and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium heat; use a large baking dish and toss squash and green onions with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Grill vegetables until cooked through - 4-6 minutes/side for squash and 1-2 minutes/side for the onions; cut up onions and return vegetables to the baking dish.
- 3Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and stretch each into an 8-inch round; brush each side with oil.
- 4Grill dough until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side (it will puff up).
- 5Dollop ricotta cheese on all four pizzas and top with grilled vegetables.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare a salad with the arugula and radishes; toss with the vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
- 7Drizzle pizzas with additional oil and serve with the salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pizza With Ricotta and Summer Squash
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.1
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: