1 hr 15 mins
Recipe Courtesy of Bobby Flay -> Boy Meets Grill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g italian hot sausage
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 large yellow peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
- 2 large red peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
- olive oil
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough, rolled into 4 (6-inch)
- 226.79 g grated Fontina cheese
- 236.59 ml sheep's milk ricotta cheese
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 1Preheat a grill.
- 2Grill the sausage on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Brush onions and peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the onions and peppers until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the sausage from the grill and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Remove the onions, separate into rings, and roughly chop. Remove the peppers and slice into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- 3Heat grill to high. Brush dough with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and place on a flat surface.
- 4Divide the fontina cheese among the 4 pizza rounds. Divide the sausage, onions and peppers over the cheese. Place the pizza on the grill, close the cover and grill until the cheese has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. To finish in the oven, preheat the oven to 450°F Place the pizza on sheet pans and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5Mix together the ricotta, extra virgin olive oil, and oregano in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pizzas from the oven and drizzle with Basil Vinaigrette. Top with dollops of the ricotta cheese mixture and let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
- 6BASIL VINAIGRETTE:.
- 7Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pizza With Hot Sausage, Grilled Peppers and Onions and O
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.8
- Calories from Fat 675
- Total Fat 75.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 874.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar