Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Need to make lunch in less than 15 minutes? This ready-in-a-jiffy sandwich is sure to please.
Top Review by LonghornMama
These are SO yummy and were a big hit with everyone in the family, including my ultra-picky boys, ages 8, 5 and 3. Originally found this recipe in Southern Living's Easy Weeknight Favorites. Served with homemade tomato basil soup from the freezer which was a great combination. I used less pepperoni, low-fat Hellman's mayo and left the pepperoni off the sandwich for my "cheese only" son. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 slices high-fiber whole wheat bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- STIR together mayonnaise and Italian seasoning; spread half of mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Layer pepperoni and cheese on each of 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices.
- SPREAD half of remaining mayonnaise mixture on 1 side of sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches, mayonnaise side down, on a hot nonstick skillet or griddle; cook over medium heat until bread is browned.
- SPREAD remaining mayonnaise mixture on ungrilled sides of sandwiches; turn and cook until sandwiches are browned.