Make and share this Grilled Pizza Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- For each sandwich butter outside of bread.
- Lay in pan, butter side down.
- On top of bread, spread pizza sauce, 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese, thin pepperoni slices and more pizza sauce.
- Add another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until brown on both sides and cheese melts.
This was a nice change for a grilled cheese sandwich. I added mushrooms to mine and it was really good!!! Thanks for posting!
I also added fresh sliced crimini mushrooms (3 sliced thin). OUT OF THE PARK!!! My honey asked if I could make him another one. SO easy and such a delightful surprise when you bite into it! I used garlic butter which was a stroke of genius if I do say so myself!
My family loved these. The kids used salami instead of pepperoni on theirs. I added mushrooms and some thinly sliced roma tomatoes to mine. Thanks for sharing.